Coopers Community

waiting game

AndrewF111

er... rule of thumb is about 8 hours till yeast pitch... dunno where I got that from but these day I generally dont worry too much about it, within a few hours Ive never had a problem..

never had to get my meat out either, though the missus may well be pleased if I did [lol]

I hope the meat hadn't defrosted. Isn't it dangerous to re-freeze defrosted meat?

Yes and no, it depends. However, chicken is definitely dangerous to refreeze. Maybe have that for tea tomorrow night [rightful]

PS. I am an ex-butcher but have been out of the trade now for around 17 years [bandit]

seems like the logical spot to put this..

I cracked open a beer.

Was brew day yesterday, though early on I didnt know it... so cracked another beer and formulated a recipe on Brewmate (all grain brew).. cracked another beer...

realised I was out of Galaxy (WTF??) how the hell that happened I dont know... So I sat back down and changed the recipe... cracked another beer...

had a look at my grain supply and cracked another beer.. thought 'to hell with it, im gunna do this now' and milled my grain... cracked another beer...

got my rig set up.. By the time I mashed in I was 3 sheets to the wind but persisted anyway.. cracked another beer..

I only have 1 effective cube which was full so during the boil I put into the recently emptied FV and into the fridge and rinsed out the cube ready to be filled.. cracked another beer..

anyway boil ended and I started to drain into the cube and suddenly realised I'd left the tap open on the cube... damn, lost a liter and a half or something, not a disaster but not gteat either.. by the time I was finishing up it had been about 5 hours and had smashed a goodly portion of brews...

I knew I had to pitch the yeast so came inside and got ready to do so, 120ml water in pyrex jug, 40'c so sat it in the sink to cool to 27 and sat down...

[sleeping] [sleeping] [sleeping]

woke up thismorning.... BUGGER!!! was one of the first things to hit my mind... second was the cleanup I now had to do from leaving 3 bottles in the freezer...

Long story short, my wort sat all night, 8 hours or so without yeast and you know what? No evil infection demon has jumped out of the fridge at me yet...

I will be sure to give it a whisk about 6 tonight just to help the yeasties along.

Bad Yob [annoyed]

Hrrrmm even though it is hard sometimes, I now try not start drinking until I reach at least the boil phase. I have been brought undone cracking the first one as I start but that could have been 8am..... so by the time it comes to tea I am almost ready for bed. lol I am not getting any younger these days and SWMBO certainly lets me know it the next day!! [pinched]

Archived