Coopers Community

brewing down

brada7

Im brewing down to 18 litres of water and less to get a bigger beer.

My theory is less bottles used each batch, more batches and hence more chance to experiment. If I strike a really good one I can do it in larger quantities. If I get a bad one, less bottles to empty [crying]. Any tips on what to look out for with regard to malt sweetness v. hop bitterness?

Would appreciate any advice.

You may have trouble with ballence, scaling this up at the end of the day will be a pain, I'd do a full volume but split it maybe and add various additions that way, in the end it will be easier than a odd percentage to scale up.

Yob

I'm with Yob on this one. Also the beer will be a lot different than if made at full volume. i.e. around 23L.

If you are brewing the total amount in the can then why not do the extra bottles anyway. It will give you more beer regardless and you'll have no worries scaling as required.

You may have trouble with ballence, scaling this up at the end of the day will be a pain, I'd do a full volume but split it maybe and add various additions that way, in the end it will be easier than a odd percentage to scale up.

Yob

Great idea!!![biggrin] I think i'll do this. Got a second FV free from a mate who gave up years ago.

Archived