Coopers Community

Next 2 brews

TonyW

Went out and got the ingredients for the next 2 brews:

Morning Town Xmas Pale (i was told some of the ingredients in the Mornington Pale by a staff member)so lets see how she rock and rolls [roll]

1 Coopers Pale Ale

500g Wheat DME

250g Dextrose

28g Citra Hop Plugs (only had plugs)

25g of Amarillo pellets.

both dry hopped

kit yeast or i might do a Coopers commercial or the yeast out of the I.P.A (decisions decisions)

Made up to 23litres

2:

The base Motueka slam Recipe a little lighter on with the hops.

1 Can Coopers IPA

1kg LDM

25g Motueka pellets dry hopped

Yeast Safale US05

Made up to 20Litres

Whats do you reckon?

Should keep me busy over Xmas [biggrin]

Morning Town Xmas Pale

I'll have some Citra left over after I put down my Little Creatures Pale Ale(using Citra {HBS doesn't stock Galaxy} and Cascade). I am also keen to put down some Brews in the 3.8 to 4% mark so I'll listen out for your verdict Tony and add it too my list.

On the spreadsheet it looks very light in colour.

Cheers

I'll have some Citra left over after I put down my Little Creatures Pale Ale(using Citra {HBS doesn't stock Galaxy} and Cascade). I am also keen to put down some Brews in the 3.8 to 4% mark so I'll listen out for your verdict Tony and add it too my list. On the spreadsheet it looks very light in colour.

I am trying to emulate the hop characteristics of the brew, if i get it in the ball park i will switch to an unhopped extract next time and yes it does come in a bit light in colour on the spreadsheet. I was tempted to go an amber DM but decided to just experiment for now with the DME wheat seeing as i was told there is wheat malt in the original. Havent really put much more effort into the brew than writing up a bit of a recipe and taking a look in beersmith at some alternatives i have floating around in my thoughts.

If i can nail the hop aroma and flavours i am onto something [love]

You could steep some Carapils malt and add it to the wort for No #1' date=' and add a can of amber malt in Brew #2 in place of the LDM. You could also consider some English yeasts, something like WLP005 British Ale Yeast. [/quote']

All the ingredients are bought for now, the Carapils which i have used many times i will be using after xmas to add to a heavy Stout i am working on. No 2 is derivative of the Motueka slam that PB2 put together, i have used less of the hops and was going to use 1056 Wyeast but none were available so i went for the Safale US05 (whitelabs wern't available either), being a fan of some of the U.S IPA's and having used this yeast before i find it produces a clean crisp beer, to some degree it was a no brainer for me. [biggrin]

Archived