Coopers Community

Fizz

robbil

Just sampled first ever brew and immediate result was not enough fizz or carbonation even tho I used EXACTLY the allocated amount of tablets.

Any ideas?

Also...this is at the 2 week mark from bottling. Does it get more fizz after time?

I like a foamy, creamy beer.

My mate who brews a lot suggested mix 2 cans next time and use another yeast from a brewer shop. The DIY one is 'tame'

Comments here also?

Thanks folks. [roll]

Hi Robil and welcome to the forum.

2 cans will definitely NOT provide more carbonation and the yeast that comes with the cans IS sufficient to do your brew. With all due respect, even though your mate may have brewed a few brews, it doesn't sound like he knows a lot about certain circumstances.

What temperature did you store your bottles at?

They need to be stored for at least 2 weeks and sometimes they will take up to 3+ weeks to carbonate, depending on the temperatures.

Trust me.... if you have done things as per instruction then leave them for another week at 18C-20C and they will be fine.

Also if you are drinking the beer at 2-3 weeks, although drinkable, they will get better the longer you leave them.

Yes mate, different yeasts do contribute to different flavors. Also to different styles of beer and some even govern how dry your beer will be by finishing at a lower FG. Nevertheless, the yeasts that come with the Cooper's kits are good for the kits they come in. I suggest just doing at least a few with these to try them out then look at changing different yeasts. Just so you know the difference and can then work on something to be more suitable for what you want.

doing a toucan (2 cans) will give you a higher ABV% and will also make your brew more bitter. If you are wanting a good beer reasonably quick then I suggest not doing a toucan as they generally need more time in the bottle to mellow a bit.

Archived