Coopers Community

smoty volcano

gilg

put down a real ale + blonde yesterday used both yeast packs. today krausen is pushing through the cling wrap. I put a roasting tray under its bum to catch any messy run off. just want to know if the brew will be safe from germs???

If you do not have a krausen collar and expect a volcanic krausen then another easy way around this is to fill your FV up to 15-18L then when the krausen settles just top up the FV. I know a few people who do this without any problems.

Hey Gil,

Have you made the SMOTY Ale using the Real + Blonde before? I have these can in supply and an empty FV at the momment and i was thinking of giving it a go! I have about 10-15g of EKG in the freezer. I was wondering though, if using the Can. Blonde kit as substitute for the APA might lend itself better with a north American variety of hops? Maybe Cascade? I have a wheel barrow load of it[love] [cool]

Anyones thoughts?

thanks boys wasn't sure first time using a bunnings 25l water drum.filled to 23l never had so much foam before in the coopers tub?

never made this before so not to sure how it will turn out. Let the wife pick the cans I was to use, So fingers crossed its good.

going to dry hop @ day 4 with willemett.

Archived