Coopers Community

The Beer Machine 2000

McFrankel

I was flicking through the target catalouge today and happened upon the beer machine 2000. It appears to be a primary and secondary fermenter and dispenser all in one... It says it makes 10 litres... anyone heard anything about it? And would it be possible to brew coopers products in it?

I tried out one of these out about 9 years ago. One of the many great aspects of my job [lol] [sideways] [w00t]

I recall there being a pressure relief valve than can be adjusted to hold some amount of CO2 pressure while the brew is fermenting. When fermentation has finished, the unit is placed in a fridge. Once chilled down, a CO2 cartridge can be used to carbonate the brew.

So the finished brew is served from a vessel with the crusty ring from krausen and primary fermentation trub...[whistling

I just wish I could buy a coopers fermenter without having to buy a kit. $35 would be a nice price.

I would buy another if they did, the new FV's are great

I would buy a couple new FV's if they were sold separately for sure, they're great.

I just don't need all the extras that come with it again

powdered wort [crying]. My only other thought was that you could propably use it for secondary fermentation and dispensing but at $129 you may as well get a kegging system. In place. Speaking of whichhas anyone looked/road tested the mini keg system minikeg.net.au SWMBO not keen on the idea of corny kegs at the moment but this may be a compromise as se not happy with a couple of hundred bottles accumulating in garage [innocent]

I just wish I could buy a coopers fermenter without having to buy a kit. $35 would be a nice price.

I would buy another if they did, the new FV's are great

I would buy a couple new FV's if they were sold separately for sure, they're great.

I just don't need all the extras that come with it again

My local brew shop sells the fv separately for about 30 - 35 dollars if you close to canberra drop in down there

My local sells a selection of FVs from large screw tops to small ones and an equal range of the coppertun tubs with a clip on lid.

generally a fv with tap,thermometer, and a airlock sells fpor about $40 , but that isnt really much help for you chaps in oz [cool]

Archived