Coopers Community

Coopers Ale Yeast

ozale

Hi all' date=' this is my first post here, can anyone tell me the optimum temp. for this coopers yeast, pitching and ferment?[crying']

If you mean the bottle harvested variety then I suspect we will not hear the optimum temperature for fermentation.

My last two batches of Pale Ale (using bottle harvested yeast) I pitched at about 22\xb0C and fermented at 21\xb0C. Very happy with them.

On the How to Brew page it says

"Ale yeast strains are generally the most reliable, fermenting quickly and effectively. The yeast supplied with this kit will give good results while fermenting with the commercial yeast culture will result in a beer even closer to intended style!

Although Ale yeast can ferment at very high temperatures (as high as 40\xb0C), the closer the brew is to 21\xb0C the cleaner the flavour and aroma.

Hi Muddy thats a tough temp. for me' date=' I can hold a steady 22 - 24 with heat mat or around 14 - 16 in my un-powered fridge[/quote']

If you put it in the fridge with a nice thick blanket wrapped around it 18-20 should be achievable quite easily.

Archived