Coopers Community

Cheap stuff and excellent prices

Sven

G'day all,

After some looking around a while ago I came across the mighty Brewer's Choice in the Yarra Valley. DIG THIS!!!!!!

Light Dried Malt Extract 1kg $8.95 AUD

Coopers Brewmaster India Pale Ale $15.95 AUD

Hallertau Hop Pellets 50 grams $5.50 AUD

Coopers Light Malt 1.5kg $11.50 AUD

Coopers Premium Heritage Lager $15.95 AUD

Coopers Premium Australian Bitter $15.95 AUD

Coopers Brewmaster Pilsener $15.95 AUD

Light Dried Malt Extract 500grams $5.50 AUD

Dextrose 500grams $2.95 AUD

Crown Seals x 200 $6.95 AUD

Total\t$116.65 AUD

As it is over $50 delivery was free and after ordering online at 11.25pm on August 11 it arrived on my doorstep this morning (August 15).

Orders OVER $50.00 will be sent FREE OF CHARGE to residents in Victoria, New South Wales, A.C.T., South Australia & Tasmania. A flat rate of $25 to everywhere else.

If you can beat that for value then I'm all ears.

Sven

P.S. Their website is http://www.brewerschoice.net.au/index.htm

G'day all,

I guess if you need parcel delivery those prices are very fair but I can do better prices on those items at a combination of Woolies/Big W and my local HBS(BeerBelly) all of which are close by and on my regularly traveled route. I also get to look at the dates on the cans before I buy.

G'day all,

I guess if you need parcel delivery those prices are very fair but I can do better prices on those items at a combination of Woolies/Big W and my local HBS(BeerBelly) all of which are close by and on my regularly traveled route. I also get to look at the dates on the cans before I buy.

LOL.... I'm a big fan of Big W (they have some good specials).... and Beer belly (just off Prospect Rd) is where I go.

Cheers

Wayne

I went to Brewers Choice last week for the first time (only 15 mins drive) and found the prices and advice a lot better than where i used to go[joyful]

Sometimes we should pay a little more to support our local HBS particularly if they are helpful and give good advice. It really is quite hard for these little businesses to make a go of it and we are the worse off if they disappear at the hands of the Big W's etc who only have price to recommend them.

Wow' date=' $8.95 for a kg of LDM. Here in NZ the cheapest I've seen it is $10.80 and that is for only 500 gms [crying']

I get mine for $7.50 and $6.50 if I buy a can from my LHBS. Although last time I paid $125 for 20kg which is $6.25kg. [joyful]

Surely there must be someone over there that can get it for less than $21kg. That is highway robbery!! [bandit]

It would even be cheaper to buy online and have it posted to you. I can recommend some suppliers but don't know if they post out of Aust.

It would have to be on the wrong side of the valley. [devil]

I't be an easy 15-20 minute drive for me if it was in Yarra Glen, but no...[crying]

Looks like I'll have to keep braving the traffic to Heidelberg for the time being.

Hi Bill, if you could recommend some suppliers I would appreciate that. I can then email them and see if they will post it to me.

Cheers

Scotty

Craftbrewer is highly recommended. I have no affiliation just a very happy customer.

You could even try the shop posted in the first thread here.

There is also:

Discount Home Brew Warehouse

Gryphon Brewing

These are just to name a few and I can't say if they would even post overseas. Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to ask and if they do then it may pay to buy in bulk to get the most from the postage costs. Do a google search for home brew shops I am sure there would be plenty more.

Archived