Coopers Community

European Lager kit

JohnT13

I'm currently brewing a Cooper's European Lager at home. I've been maintaining a temperature of 18*C and I pitched one packet of the 7g yeast that comes with the kit and also another packet of S23 (11.5g). The brew has been sitting in the fermenter for a week now and I noticed that there is quite a bit of white sediment at the bottom. What is that? I'm thinking that it's the sugars (undissolved). Is this normal? If not, what can I do?

Thanks!

A local home brew store owner said he has won first place in a brewing competition brewing this kit (with some additions) using the kit yeast at 18C (but NOT higher). The resulting beer was very clean and crisp (according to him). And no he's not some random muppet, he's actually a well respected home brewer who has won many awards. [joyful]

Thank you for the replies. It has been most helpful. Just another quick question... at what temperature should I store the bottles when it's time for me to bottle this European Lager brew?

I have to agree with Muddy, I brewed my Euro at 16 C and less - about 14. The bottled brew, about 3 weeks now, is in similar temp enviroment. I don't expect this brew to be ready for at least 3 or more months. IOW, store at a cool temp, don't rush this one, it will be worth the wait.

Archived