Coopers Community

Kegging Question?

JohnG17

I have been brewing since 1974 & kegging since 1991.

New fridge, timed line & all the time froth for a glass or two then OK, go back 10 minutes later & the same deal.

This has not happened with all my previous fridge setups & I can't see I've done anything different.

I condition & pour @ about one atmosphere 14.7psi or 100kpa & always have.

Any suggestions please? J.

check the line at the outlet post and see if bubbles are forming after the poor if they are you may be overgassing due to inaccurate fridge temp check the fridge is not getting to cold and then the beer is breaking out as it warms up fridge temp is important .David

Sounds like a tricky one....

Has this only happened to this particular keg or are all the others like it as well?

Have you tried reducing the pour pressure?... I pour at 2C and about 60-70kpa

Do you pour from a font?.. if so, is the font chilled/flooded or at room temps?

What size lines are you using and how long are they?

How did you carbonate the keg?

Just a few questions which may help us eliminate a few things.

Hi Again i had trouble with my old fridge setup with the gas breaking out and i used to gas at 100kpa and about 4 to 7 degrees the thing was not very accurate i changed the thermostst and still had trouble if you have bubbles forming at the outlet post i think it is a temp or pressure problem. I have since built a keezer with electronic themostat ,set it at about 90 kpa and 4 degrees + or - 1 and no longer have any issues ,other than that maybe you could give your lines a good clean if you haven,t tried that already.

regards

David

Archived