Coopers Community

1st brew great, 2nd not so great.

AndrewF111

I brewed a coopers pale with enhancer no2 and I think the wort was below temp. the beer looses its head straight away and has little to no bubbles forming from the bottom of the glass. the fg was right (cant find log to say exactly) so I bottled. the temps were still low and after 3 weeks I stored at 22 deg constant.

Quetion being is it the temp for the poor beer or possible infection?

g'day Andrew, what method of priming did you use and how much?.....(you did remember to prime didn't you?)

You are sure your glasses are clean and free of any grease that may be affecting head retention and activity? I guess

these might seem like silly questions but often it is the simple things that can go wrong, if the beer doesn't smell bad or taste off then I doubt it is an infection, and your temps should be OK as well. Don't pelt it, it may be able to be revived, you could try upping the conditioning temps a bit and give it another week or so, I can't think of anything else at this stage but I am sure there will be someone who has something to add which might be of more help.

I would say that it is the temp for the beer. It does taste Ok tho doesnt it?

If it tastes ok just give it a little extra time at 20C and it will be fine. I have found that it is hard to get the beer carbonated lately because of the colder temperatures. Just leave them for abit longer and they should be ok.

I brewed a coopers pale with enhancer no2 and I think the wort was below temp. the beer looses its head straight away and has little to no bubbles forming from the bottom of the glass. the fg was right (cant find log to say exactly) so I bottled. the temps were still low and after 3 weeks I stored at 22 deg constant.

Quetion being is it the temp for the poor beer or possible infection?

Andrew, I had the same issue with my brew, after leaving it for a few more days and trying another carbonation was perfect.

I suggest leaving your bottles in as warm a place as you can for a few days then try another, should be ok then.

Archived