Coopers Community

Whats the..

Damo

Max. time you would leave an o/s Lager in the f.v. ?

!.7 kg lager can

1kg BE1

Good activity for 3 days @ 18 -22deg now settled down.

Current temp 18deg.c @ 5 day mark.

Thanks

Damo

Thanks Brew Master/Peter ,so its ok to leave it that long ,(good to know when life gets busy) , I should have also added that the O/sg was 1034 & @ day 5 its now 1014..

Damo

I often leave my beers longer (espeacially the big ones) I have left the toucan stout recipe in the FV for neally 3 weeks. It wasn't ready after 9 days so I went away for abit come back and bottled it. It tasted amazing.

The yeast doesn't know if it is in the bottle or the FV so after it finishes fermenting it will start to clear it self up and heal any harm it has done to itself.

I left my OS lager in the primary for 12 days. It was my 1st. It gave good head,had a nice yellow gold color with an amber blush. Nice light malty/fruity taste. I think it needs some hops for flavor/aroma additions,imo.

On my last one,I left it in primary for 3 weeks to reach FG with all that extra malt & hops. I dry hopped the 4th week,then bottled. At 7-8 weeks in the bottle,I had a smoother Salvator doppel bock clone. I need to make more of that one. Only problem is,I had used an OS lager can that was out of date at 6/09. I'll have to research some more to find a way to get the same thing with fresh ingredients.

Archived