Coopers Community

Coopers Heritage Lager Yeast

Rob (Guinness Man)

Hello all,

Just finished my first brew of European Lager. Worked out perfectly. Brewed it in temperatures of 13-15 degrees and bottled it with a hydrometer reading of 1.015. Little weak in alcohol as I'm used to a strong 5.5% lager. Thanks for all the help, those who replied to my posts.

I'm going to launch another brew as was thinking of trying Heritage Lager. Its still a little cold here in Spain so can't use normal yeast. Does Heritage Lager come with the same winter yeast found in European Lager?

I will try the recipe on the Coopers website, 1 can of Heritage Lager and 1 can of light malt extract. I don't have access to the Coopers carbonation drops so how much normal sugar would I need to add to each 330ml bottle for the carbonation process?

Thanks,

Rob

1015 sounds a bit high for FG - what was the recipe again?

Information about our kit yeast is here

Prime at slightly less than 3g per 330ml bottle - if you have another vessel, bulk priming, may work out better for you. About 180g of sugar to 23 litres.

Thanks for the reply. According to the link it says Heritage Lager - Ac+L (26807 PS) Am I right in reading it contains both types of yeast?

The recipe for European Lager was the standard one. Can + Brewing Enhancer #1. I did not have access to a can of light malt extract so it was not added. Will try adding a can with the second batch. Yeast was added with a temp around 22 degrees. Then the fermentation was over 3-4 weeks at 13-15 degrees.

• 11 months later...

Archived