Coopers Community

First toucan

RoyG

Hi all. I am going to do a toucan with a Coopers Lager and was wondering if i should fill it to 23 or 25 litres and should i use both packs of yeast. This is my first toucan and some previous posts said to fill to 25l so just making sure. Cheers.[biggrin]

Hey there, Used a Coopers Lager and a generic Lager as a bit of an experiment. Filled to 23 l and used both packets of yeast. Is bubbling away very happily in the brew cupboard.[biggrin]

It sounds like you're going to have a lager with a bit more body/color. Interested to find how yours comes out. I used the OS lager can & 3lbs of plain extra light DME with 2 hop additions (well,waiting to get a stable FG to dry hop). I used a starter for the Cooper's ale yeast (it was old). Started with an OG of 1.044,last FG Monday was 1.016. Starting to taste like Bitburger Pils. Hmmm...

Somehow,I just knew the larger thing was coming. lolz. Mine's gunna be 3 weeks in primary this Monday,since last Tuesday that 1.016 went down to 1.012. I hope it stays there by Friday,4.8%ABV is good with me. Then I can get to dry hopping for 7-10 days.

This one's going to take a while,considering 3 weeks in the bottle. With at least 3 days in the fridge.

I made a toucan Euro lager mid last year and added 1kg LDM thinking I could call it a BOCK! I am still yet to sample a real Bock, but this one is strong and coming good. I also made atoucan using another brands special dry lager, plus the same company's liquid brewing sugar (1kg) and from memory I also added some LDM or Dex - 0.5kg. Pitched yeast 6 June and bottled 30 June. It is almost drinkable - ALMOST! I have a Coopers Pale Ale and Canadian Blonde bottled as of Sunday. Pretty excited about this one. And of Course the SMOTY is all gone!

Archived