Coopers Community

Clips-Ale 100?

Martyn

While reading through the posts about Smoty Ale (put mine down on Tuesday arvo and by Wednesday morning had gone off like crazy, even my wife commented on how high the 'foam' was!) and saw a post by Paul that he was following a Clips-Ale 1000 keg with a Smoty Ale refill.

Is this an old recipe or a new one for the upcoming V8 festival down the road? Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Martyn.

Over the last couple of years, my brother has made a habit of visiting for the Clipsal 500. Apart from watching motorsport, playing golf and sampling the contents of my kegs, we get together and brew an all-grain ale late-hopped with my home-grown Chinook hop flowers.

The first used only 50g of hop flowers, hence Clips-Ale 500 while the second effort had 100g, Clips-Ale 1000. Perhaps they should have been 50 and 100...

This year, I plan the same grain bill and bittering/flavour hops;

4.5kg Pale Malt

0.5kg Crystal

28g Cascade (plugs) 45mins

10g Chinook pellets 15mins

However, it will revert back to Clips-Ale 500 because I'm planning on a 500g wet hop (or green hop = freshly picked) addition: 200g @ flamout and 300g dry hop [w00t]

Sounds like a winner Paul. As I am not an all grain brewer how could I translate that recipe into a kit version.

What would the 4.5kg of malt be? The rest looks pretty self explanatory (can I come round and get some Chinook hops when I'm ready? Ta).

Canadian, the Clipsal weekend is always a belter!

Cheers,

Martyn.

Archived