Coopers Community

Wrong Can?

JeffH1

Hey Guy's,

Got an odd question this morning. Is it possible during the canning process at Coopers to get the cans mixed up or an over run of a brew into the next brews cans. A little odd I know, here's the story. I put down a standard Coopers Lager some time ago with Brew Enhancer No 1. Nothing funny there. The fermentation was normal and no issues with bottling. Four weeks on and time to taste. What came out of the bottle was a very dark ale, a heavy type of molasses flavor with a creamy bitter after taste. Excellent beer but not what a lager normally is even with ale yeast. Now, can anybody identify what this is as it is sensational and I would like to do it again. Can anybody give me a taste description of an English Bitter for example, because the color would indicate that the beer I have is along those lines. Any idea's??

Thanks,

Fridgey.

Well from memory it was a fairly dark mix with a wonderful rich aroma but I thought it was only a lager so I didn't take a lot of notice to be honest. This is a great beer and I only have three bottles left...I would like to now what this is so I can do it again. Maybe I will have to work my way through all the dark ales and stouts just to make sure hey!! If I can figure out how to post a photo it may make things easier.

Archived