Coopers Community

Artificial Sweetner

craigb12

Hey guys,

I've got two brews bubbling away right now: a coopers ginger beer and a fruit cider of my own concoction. To be honest, they're more for my girlfriend than for myself (i'm an ale man), but it's been pretty good fun making them.

What I'm wondering: she's got a really, really sweet tooth, and, if the brew's not sweet enough for her, is there a way of artificially sweetening it after the primary fermentation? I'm thinking that there must be some readily available non-fermentable sugar that I can add to the vat before i bottle it.

Any thoughts?

I've made several ginger beers from the simple to the more extravagant and one thing they all had in common was a lack of sweetness. I've tried splenda and stevia which added a bit of sweetness but I still find I have to add a slug of lemonade to make it taste good.

When I do add a bit of lemonade it makes a huge difference and it tastes more like a bundaberg ginger beer (with a bit more kick as I usually add lots of fresh ginger). Maybe I need to add a few bottles of sugarfree lemonade to the fermentor and see if that does the trick??

I can't really help with the cider. I have made on all juice cider which apparently was pretty good but for me it was too dry and definately not sweet.

my last cider I put in 500g of lactose and that made it less dry and refreshing [lol].

Maybe I need to add a few bottles of sugarfree lemonade to the fermentor and see if that does the trick??

Muddy have you ever thought about doing for want of a better word a toucan with the home brew lemonade kit from the LHBS??[pinched]

Archived