Coopers Community

No Chill Cube hopping

TheChadxxx

@TheChadxxx , my software indicates 10 IBU for the Citra and 8.8 IBU for the Mosaic so a total of say 19 IBU.  This is calculated at 80 C for approx 20 minutes but cool down may take longer so that is the big variable here.  Would not be far off though. Hope that helps

• Like 2

Hey @iBooz2,

Out of curiosity, what software do you use? I used the Grainfather app.

I used the same - 80° for 20 mins. AA both 12ish. It's interesting they come out quite differently. I got 10.8 IBU. From experience, I reckon it would be a bit higher.

I usually err on the side of it being a touch more bitter than the prediction so your software may be more accurate. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

Hey @iBooz2,

Out of curiosity, what software do you use? I used the Grainfather app.

I used the same - 80° for 20 mins. AA both 12ish. It's interesting they come out quite differently. I got 10.8 IBU. From experience, I reckon it would be a bit higher.

I usually err on the side of it being a touch more bitter than the prediction so your software may be more accurate. 

I use BrewFather Popo,  I set the specs as per the pack in use on that day.  Citra AA is 13.9 and Mosaic AA is 10.9 which I entered off the packs in use, am using Mosaic in a brew day today and just checked my stock.  Pack of Mosaic in use is AA 10.9 but newer unopened pack is showing AA of 12.25 and has come from a different supplier.

• Like 1