Coopers Community

Coopers Mexican Cerveza Lime tasting and pouring video

johng12

Looks great for a young beer.

I have one thats about 5 weeks in the bottle where i just used

1.7kg Coopers Mexican Cerveza Kit

1kg Brew Enhancer 2

20g Saaz Hops (added at the beginning of fermentation)

2 Limes

I find that it is very overpowering with lime. I am hoping that the lime flavour dies down abit.

Thanks Matty, yeah im not sure whether the lime taste will mellow. I was wondering that myself after tasting this beer. I used less then you but maybe the lime zest has brought up the flavour time will tell. Let us know when you have a tasting.

I discovered today I put in 17 L instead of 20 L. I filled to 20 rather than adding 20L. will it matter?

It won't really matter, but if you have less water your alcohol content will be a bit more. Possibly a bit more body in the beer as there is less water. The taste will tell you and the hydrometer reading will give you the%

Im thinking of making this one next' date=' how do you add the lime zest?[/quote']

I just used a zester and grated the lime and just threw it in the fermentor, i have done this before and never had any sanitation issues. But others may take different approaches.

Im thinking of making this one next' date=' how do you add the lime zest?[/quote']

How I added the lime was to cut it into halves and add it to the hops as it was boiling. This sterilizes it swell so no bad stuff. I then just chucked it in before adding the rest if the ingredients.

Archived