Coopers Community

Help! Am I stuck??

GeorgeB

On December 18 I put down a Coopers Australian Bitter with one can of Coopers LME. I used Saflager yeast, not the kit yeast. It's in my basement, which is constant 13C [55F] this time of the year. [it's cold here on the US East Coast right now!] I did not take an OG. On December 30, I racked to a secondary and did take a reading - 1.022. I thought that was rather high for being 12 days in the FV. Today [January 8]I took another reading - still at about 1.022. Some fizz, but the sample tasted OK - no sign of infection. What should the final gravity be for this brew? Should I just wait it out? Thanks!

Freezing in PA

did you corrected gravity reading for low temp?

and, 1.022 does sound high for this one. In my experience, can of Coopers beer + can of Coopers LME = FG around 1.010-14.

I would bottle it in PET just in case it takes off after priming sugar is added.

fermentation temps: 9-15C, ideally 12C

thats quote from manufacturer.

I think problem might be in pitch rate. I usually go for 20g for 23l batches, pitch at 20C, then chill down to 9C during next hours (move to fridge/garage) - sure way to get it going.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm down to about 1.010, but have a ring of small bubbles around the top of the brew. The sample I used for the reading tastes OK, but those bubbles worry me. I'm going to bottle in PET tomorrow. We'll see how she turns out. [unsure]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived