Coopers Community

Toucan Stout

Biermoasta

I'm going to be making a toucan stout which I've seen on this site with the Original Stout and Dark Ale. I've read that it is recommended to fill the fermenter up to 15 litres to start with, then once the kr\xe4usen has subsided to add the remaining water. My question is, with the new kr\xe4usen collar will it be ok to fill to 23 litres to start with or will the high amount of kr\xe4usen still lead to a volcano in my fermenting room??

Cheers,

Biermoasta

Woolies has Coopers stout kits on special but for some reason not dark ale kits. How would a toucan recipe go with two stout kits? I'm guessing kinda bitter.

I'm currently bottle-ageing a one-can Coopers stout (made with 1kg brewers sugar) which is coming on quite nicely. Is it a case of one can good, two cans better?

Thanks for the helpful reply PB2

Woolies has Coopers stout kits on special but for some reason not dark ale kits. How would a toucan recipe go with two stout kits? I'm guessing kinda bitter.

I'm currently bottle-ageing a one-can Coopers stout (made with 1kg brewers sugar) which is coming on quite nicely. Is it a case of one can good, two cans better?

I don't know what state you're in, or if the Woolies specials are national, but I picked up the stout and dark ale on special ($8 or something) yesterday from Woolies here in WA. Maybe the special tag for the Dark Ale had just fallen off the shelf.

Archived