Coopers Community

Coopers Ginger Beer - Wife about to start her brew

DaleB

The wife is going to Brew her ginger beer today, the Recipe says that all that is needed is the GB can and 1kg of Raw sugar,

Ive read quite a few recipes, but wondering if anyone recommends adding any other ingredients then listed above.

Also is it all good to use the same fermenter for Beer as Ginger Beer? aslong as its cleaned properly.

I have no idea how gingerbeer tastes like. But doesnt ginger/honey beer sounds interesting? skip the sugar and go all honey or something? Well as i sayd i havnt tryed it =) so i guess its better to wait til someone that knows anything writes =)

When I add any ingredients to the wort I add it to boiling water first mainly to kill and nasties that maybe in their. I even do it with the coopers brewing sugars and enhancers just to be extra safe.

Also I found this thread which has some good Ginger beer recipes in it.

http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/talk-brewing?g=posts&m=12500#post12500

Another few recipes for Ginger beers.

http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/talk-brewing?g=posts&t=1206

Pick one and have a go.

Just a quick reminder of Pauls sound advice (I have followed it once or twice) is to make the brew according to recipe and tweak it to your personal taste after that. However, I don't think he will come knocking on your door [bandit] if you brew it to one of the tricked up recipes found in the posts.

Well its made,

and we will see how it goes, I must say the Wife made a good brew, and just tasting it before the yeast, woah what a little kick.

So Ingredients were.

1 Coopers Ginger Beer

1.7kgs Raw Sugar

375mls Yellowbox Honey

Yeast

Just a tad under 19 litres water

We will see how this one goes.

I followed this recipe to the instructions for non alcoholic, bottled into 2Lt PET bottles with 5 carb drops. After 2 weeks or so I had to relieve the pressure as the bottles were expanding too much. Some bottles lost maybe 50 to 100mls and others couldn't stand up as the bottoms balloned out. I'm not too sure what I did wrong, the storage temperature was ok(22 c).

The main thing is they tasted pretty good. Has anyone else had these pressure problems?

Merry Xmas,

Phil

Archived