Coopers Community

Ginger Ale

JackD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I home brewed an alcoholic ginger beer with a Ginger Beer Kit, a chopped up root of fresh ginger (a good handful in big chunks so as not to clog the tap when bottling) and a kilo of raw brown sugar. I just made it to the packet instructions and threw in the extra ingredients for more flavour.

It was a big rank at the 2 week mark but by 4 weeks it was the best tasting ginger beer I've ever made and very similar to Bundy Ginger Beer except very alcoholic. Comes out a lot darker in colour but the ginger taste is very sincere and not annoying. Doesn't have that slight metallic taste that the straight kit alone has.

Beware, when things taste this good and contain alcohol it can get messy.

• 3 weeks later...

YES I JUST MADE A COOPERS GINGER BEER FOR MY KIDS AND AFTER 3 WEEKS IT JUST MAKES BUNDY LOOK LIKE CORDIAL SO IM LEAVN A FEW BOTTLES IN THE WARDROBE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS BUT I WAS THAT IMPRESSED WITH IT I WONT EVER BUY GINGER BEER AGAIN JUST ADD A TEASPOON OF CHOPPED GINGER TO THE MIX TO GIVE IT REAL BITE!!!

• 1 month later...

I just bought a can of ginger beer and am really looking forward to putting this one on as I looooove[love] ginger beer, Kaner when you say a teaspoon of chopped ginger do you mean fresh and finely chopped? or how many grams? I want to spice it up but not over do it.

Archived