Coopers Community

And a drink for the ladyplease

Phil Glass

As I've now got ample reserves to see me through the summer i'm now looking to make one last brew before the summer heat hits(I'm in Sydney).

In stock 3x Pale ale, 1x dark ale, 1x european lager, PB2's stout and dark ale recipe and 1 canadian blonde.

I've brewed around about 12 batches and given SWMBO a sample from each one when the bottle was ready to drink(she's never been a beer drinker).

I get a comment like "tastes like beer" or "tastes like the last one"(this one being a dark ale the last a pale ale).[roll]

Anyway it would be good to make a brew that she likes. I'm thinking along the lines of a canadian blonde with infused mango and strawberrys. I want to add honey for sweetness.

Not too sure how much honey to add, I'm aiming for something that will end up fairly sweet. Would BE1 be the way to go with this?

Any help or suggestions gratfully received

Thanks Paul,I decided to go with the blushing blonde.Added BE1 and 200 grams of honey, filled the fv to 22lts.

The next day pasturised 500g of strawberries cut in half in 1 litre of water. Then wrapped strawberries in cloth and added to fv with the extra 1lt of now red water.

SG was 1052 now down to 1014 at day 7.The airlock is still giving off the occasional bubble,so i'll check again on the weekend with a view to bottling then.

Thanks for the advice

Archived