Coopers Community

adjuncts?

markc12

im moving on to my third batch of brew and its going to be coopers real ale my quandry is this both the brews ive made so far have been australian lager and my personal favourite, wheet beer both of which have lacked head retention, ive bought malt extract for my to accompany my ale kit and am wondering do i just lash the whole can in along with the kilo of sugar or is their a delicate balancing act between the two to be found to achieve the ultimate christmas brew to pickle myself in a more pleasant fashion?

G'day Mark

I ve found the UNREAL ALE recipe to be fantastic. My LHBS has their own brew enhancer that has basically this mix so it is easy as for me. The Irish Ale is another fave of mine found under the Ale list.

if you want it for Christmas you better get brewing...[biggrin]

If you have a can of liquid malt extract you may only need to add extra "sugar" if you wnat to bump the alc. % up

thanks, can you reccomend what amount of sugar to add with the can of malt extract(1.5 kg can) i dont want to be the first irishman in orbit this christmas but a little more kick would be nice to help calm the inlaws!

cheers

mark

Archived