Coopers Community

Half Batch

Tipsy Mcstaga

Hi there, ive done several batches at 11.5-12 litres just using one can and no fermentables. They have all come out fine you just get less bottles/beer but for a small second fermenter thats ok.

The smaller tank i use for this is 15 litres in capacity.

But i have never just used half a can.

I reckon a full can of Canadian Blonde to 12 litres may be too bitter for your taste. On the bitterness scale - Canadian Blonde is more bitter than Lager, which is more bitter than Australian Pale Ale.

If you choose to use half of the kit + half of the BE1 (for example) to 12 litres you should still use the whole sachet of yeast. The can, with clingwrap over it, will store in the fridge for a few weeks. Haven't really tested how long it could last.

Are you happy to share the reason why you want to make such a small batch? Maybe there is another solution.[biggrin]

Hi Paul

I was asked to make a case and was given 30x 375ml bottles to put it in [biggrin]

I was also thinking it would be a good way to try different hops with the other half of the brew can, I read somewhere that the malt extract could be kept in an air tight container for a few months in the fridge [ninja]

Archived