Coopers Community

Wide variety of Coopers dry ale yeast temperature suggestions...

CDZ

Hello,

I'm going to be firing up my second beer, a Coopers dark ale with the included (dry / ale) yeast and Cooper's brew enhancer 1.

There are such wide differences in suggestions for temps to pitch & ferment at - can I hear your suggestions for this combo?

It's about 64-67F (17-19C) in our house but I can wrap up the tank if need be to get a bit more warmth.

I can sit out a slow fermentation but just don't want it to stall out, I should be far away from the high/bad temps since it's mid-November. :)

Thanks for any suggestions!

I would think those temperatures should be fine. Thats around the same temperature range as my garage (16C - 20C) and mine seem to brew.

I normally try and get the wort to sit on around 20C when I first mix it up and it quite often sits on the 18C mark for most of the fermentation.

Thanks,

That's just about the perfect temp mate. Go for it!

Remember that your fermenter will usually be a couple of degrees warmer than ambient when in action. If it gets below 18 degrees C at the end it may stop / slow a lot - then you can wack a heater on it if you need to (or even a blanket and hot water bottle).

The homebrew seems to have better flavours when brewed cool, so like I said - go for it!

Archived