Coopers Community

brewing for the first time problem

MikeA1

hey ALL

I was hoipng somebody could help me with this one, i put a beer(pale ale) onto brew and am now attempting to bottle it, the thing am concerned about is that when i opened the top of my drum i could see brown scum floating around. i have now filtered the beer into another drum and when it got the drum emptyed there was a layer of the same scum along the bottom, Does this mean my brew is ruined, I left it maybe a week extra in the drum, any advice would be great

Yep, as Dan said [biggrin]

The fermenting vessel produces beer and is also a yeast farm. Plenty of slurry should be evident at the bottom of the FV and some yeast may remain floating on the top of the brew.

Don't worry, the bottling and secondary fermentation process will encourage yeast to fall out of supension with the beer clearing over time.

i follow the rule if it dont smell like poision and taste like posion bottle it and see....if it smells like beer and taste liek beer then it is ......etc etc Ive never had a bad batch.sanitise ( i use bleach and vinigear)and away for slates

Archived