Coopers Community

fermentable recommend sought

GregE1

Cheers, good people. A co-worker gave me a can of non-Coopers extract (rhymes with Bunton's) that is called "American Style Light Beer," which I assume means low-calorie and is supposed to emulate the diluted-spit taste of Miller Lite or Bud Lite that's so popular among teenage girls here in the States. Any ideas on how to make the best of this situation. What fermentables should I use to salvage my predicament? Thanks in advance for any guidance and/or counsel.

Another possible option... if it is like my recollection of USA 'lites', it will be pretty low on flavour and bitterness - so you could just use it a bit like an unhopped liquid malt extract, add it to a can of pale Ale, late hop with something of your choice, and 'lite' no more!

Dan

i thought american 'lite' was light in colour, favour and residual carbs rather than light in alcohol? Either way, with that kit, use it as a door stop as it would be pretty bland and tasteless. I remember tasting Miller and Bud when i was over in the US last year and i didnt like it very much. If you actually want to drink it, add at least 1kg of LDM and some hops. Cascade or amarillo may go well with it seeing it is 'american' style, developed by an English company [innocent]

Archived