Coopers Community

Tooheys or (not) 2B.E.

Phil Glass

I recently bought a tooheys draught brew mix in the coles clearance sale($3. However someone nicked the yeast[pouty]

was thinking of using the malt instead of other sugars combined with a coopers dark ale mix. Any thoughts or suggestions?

yeah have to agree with ya there pb i cracked open a tooheys draught yesterday that had been sitting since august didn't think i was as good as i was hoping [crying] but the coopers seem to be going down quite nicely will have to keep brewing to keep up the stocks, has anyone done any of the other like black rock morgans and such ??? wondering how they tasted [lol]

and yeah found the same at coles in ballarat vic to mate buggers pinched the yeast out of the clearance stock they had to

I bought 2 cans of tooheys special dry lager (or something like that) and made them up as a toucan hoping it to be similar to the light bock recipe, also using a tin of their liquid brewing sugar, which I read after already having used it, that much to my amazement (not in a good way) it contained preservatives. I am not totally happy with the result. I do drink their Old when at a licensed establishment, however, I have concluded buying tooheys HB is something I don't have to do anymore, unless it is on sale and will use it as PB2 suggests below (or above).

I hope yours turns out OK.

Archived