Coopers Community

coopers irish stout high gravity

graham

hi lads,

more or less same problem i had with my coopers sparkling ale the stout was bubling away for the first two days then stopped ive left it for over a week and took a sample its still at 1020 its been at a temperture of 21-24degrees i never bothered taken a gravity reading before i pitched the yeast.this is the secound time this has happened to me .....im defo reading the hydrometer right is it something im doing wrong?i know i might have to leave it longer would anyone suggest giving the sedement at the bottem a little stirr or is this too much of a rick with infection?any help or advice be great lads thanks

I'm in the same situation right now with a high gravity brew I'm making right now. A Light German Bock. Started out at 1071 and fermented like crazy the first few days. I had a hard time keeping down the temperature. The last 4 days or so, no sign from the airlock, but the hydrometer reading is SLOWLY coming down. I think with the high gravity brews, it takes a little time and forget the airlock. I'd check it again in five days or so, at least that's what I'm going to do. Even at 1024, my beer is already at 6.3% and I'm shooting for around 8% after priming.[cool]

It is tough when your beer wont do the hard yards and just finish [pinched]

I've got a Duvel themed beer on at the moment and after 2 weeks I can't get it under 1020 [pinched] [pinched] [pinched]

I've heard playing Mozart helps grow healthy flowers so maybe I'll play some for my beer [lol]

Archived