Coopers Community

will this ever ever stop

GrumpyOldDog

There could be any number of reasons for what is happening; lack of nutrients, insufficient healthy yeast, wild yeast fermenting the brew further, higher level sugars being broken down, blah, blah...

If you plan to use PETs, have a smell and a taste then go ahead and bottle.

I've just started drinking my 'Poison Apple' Cider. It took quite a while to ferment. Just checked my brew logs, and it took 21 days (made it to 6.0% ABV, while being smoother than commercial ciders). A few other brewers I've spoken to agree that cider tends to take longer to ferment out. So unless theres something rank about the cider, I'd hazard a guess and say its fermenting normally.

This is Black Rock cider with about 1.2kgs of dextrose(didn't realize the scales were out till yesterday)I ran a brigalo cider last summer and the B/R beats it hands down even straight out the fv

Have already bottled into 23 PETs and the rest into stubbies. fingers crossed I'll check em every couple of days.They finished up at 5.5% ABV, a bit on the dry side with a slight bite to it. I'll try for more of a draught cider next time.

Should be good from now on, just picked up the 2nd fv. time to get serious [biggrin] and hopfully learn a bit of patience.

thanks for the help

Cheers to all

Archived