Coopers Community

So after reading like 400 threads I came up with this.

Tythataussieguy

Tyb, sounds like a reasonable plan, but we need some more info, if you had a high gravity brew 1018 might be FG, what temp has it been brewing at? is it Coopers original lager? if yes did you use the packet yeast? if not what yeast? etc. notwithstanding required info, continue as is and give it a gentle nudge to get the yeast 'up'.

Sorry mate. It has been going at about 16 degrees and it was just the can of lager that comes with the Brewery Kit and same with the yeast, it was just the one with the can.

SG was at 1.041 so normal I'd guess. It sucks because i have almost lost 2 ltrs in just hydro readings and I am getting a wee but impatient [crying] Stupid Mcurio lied to me on the DVD LOL[devil]

that's cool mate, it's an ale yeast, so 16 is a bit cool, so warm, rouse (gently) and relax, read a book, something about zen would do!

It might need another 3-4 days, a week would be good as you'll have a nice clear beer. Don't get it too warm though, 21-22 is plenty warm enough.

Remember as strong as the urge is, there is no need to keep taking samples for your next brew, try it after about 10 days, and if it's close to expected fg try again in 2 days.

Good luck with it.

1041 is high, assuming you used the can + 1kg of sugars to 23 litres. Perhaps your hydro is reading high? This might explain why you have a high SG after 16 days. Have you checked that it reads 1.000 in water at 20C?

If you plan to bottle into PETs, just go ahead and bottle - if they become too gassy it is a simple task to release the pressure and re-seal.

Mexican Cerveza has a blend of ale and lager yeast - it will continue to ferment at 16C [biggrin]

Archived