Coopers Community

no head on brew

Stewie Rivers

Hi guys. I need a little help here. Have made around seven brews of various styles but all with the standard enhancer, either number one or two. I have made one Scotch Ale to Paul`s recipe and had a head on all beers poured. Could the difference be the LDM used in the Scotch Ale. All the brews were used but wouldn`t mind a head on them.

Havent tried the Scotch Ale yet. Is is any good? My guess is that you have residual cleaning agents in your fermentor and/or bottles. Or, could be your glass. Ive never had a problem with getting decent head retention on my beers, even when using 1kg of dextrose. Having said that, the head lasts longer when more malt is used, in my experience.

I reckon I'll put a Scotch Ale on this weekend...I've just had a week with empty fermentors and feel like I'm letting the team down [biggrin]

But there is no great rush as I'm on the wagon for 2 months [crying] and then I'll be OS all November. At least it gives me a chance to get my stocks up and aged before tasting come the silly season [lol]

Ross, In a moment of madness I agreed to go dry for a couple of months before we go on holidays [crying]. This is on top of several dietary changes my wife and I are making - Our width is starting to encroach on our height [biggrin]. I like beer and she likes (unhealthy) snacks so we are removing these from our diet and making a team effort to shed some weight.

Archived