Coopers Community

First brew

FamilyGuy

Should the froth albeit disappear nearing the end of primary ferm?

Mine has. Was a good 2" at the start and really active for about 3 days. But now I can almost see through the froth to the liquid. The airlock is still bubbling away and 6 days in reading around 1020.

Potential problem???

Hey thanks muddy, using the standard lager and yeast from the micro brewery kit. Temp has been constant @ 24 deg but i dropped it to 22 deg this morning as i didnt want it to finish too quickly. Just thought the loss of froth may be a sign of infection...

Sounds ok to me.

I made a similar thing for my 1st batch but kept it at 19 degrees for 2 weeks. Keep taking hydrometer readings every day, and when its stable for 3 days it should be fine to bottle but a little extra time in the fermenter doesnt hurt... your finished product should improve.

I always taste my samples to get an idea of how it changes through fermentation and make sure theres no nasties in it, but thats by no means compulsary.

I've done 2 tests on 2 consecutive days...still dropping[happy]. Now at day 7. I too have tasted the sample. First test was a bit applely???, second test a bit better, still quite dry tasting, which is fine for me as I'm not into too sweeter drinks. Last nights test was around 1015.

Archived