Coopers Community

Australian Pale Ale recipe

Sven

G'day all purveyors of all thing homey.

It's been beautiful cold weather for lagers and pilseners down here in Western Victoria but I was thinking of doing an Australian Pale Ale, as I like it. It's tasty.

I have the Aussie Pale Ale brew and Brew Enhancer 2 ready to go but I also have 500g left over of Brew Enhancer 1 and was wondering if it would be worth including that in the batch. Would it be worth it or should I hang onto it for my next Cerveza?

What say you, Gurus of the Brew?

as im only new to brewing (on my 5th batch) id listen to PB2, BUT like he said " too much maltodextrin for my liking " .....everyone has diferent tastes, it might agree with u but not somone else, the beauty with HB'ing is you can experiment, it might turn out Ok, if not Ignore it.......let it sit in a dark corner for a few months....it might come good, its all part of the learning experience.....as ive worked out, but i tell you that when you UNexpectantly pull off a beer that you think is awsome then what could be better [love] [biggrin] [happy] [biggrin] [happy] [biggrin] [happy] [biggrin] [happy]

After 6 days I have had my Aussie Pale Ale drop from 1038 to 1010 and remain steady for a day. Now having brewed lagers this winter I am finding it hard to believe that something could ferment out so quickly. I had a big night with the boys watching the Pies v Cats and needed the willow esky so the pad heater placed beside the fermenter and wrapped in a thick blanket has been keeping it at about 18.5 deg . Is a 6 day completion normal for the Pale Ale?

Archived