Coopers Community

Molson Canadian Lager

Hey Johno,

As a Canadian, I am pleased to hear that you like Molson Canadian. Before I started making my own beer I used to drink Molson's Export Ale, which I liked better. Try it if you can get your hands on it.

Molson Canadian is an all malt beer; it doesn't contain any adjuncts like rice, sugar, or maltodextrin, so stay away from Brew Enhancers. For a kit and kilo version stick to a plain kit, such as the OS Lager kit, and add enough malt to get the ABV to 5.0%. In true lager style, there are no dry hops. You can use an older North American hop, like Northern Brewer at 10 minutes, but use a light hand.

1.7kg OS Lager kit

1.5kg light LME

500gm light DME

5gm Northern Brewer X 10 minute boil

23L water

Do you have a brew fridge? The thing about Molson Canadian is that it is a lager. If you have a brew fridge use 34/70 yeast and make a starter, and brew at lager temperatures. You can use Brulosophy's Fast Lager method it you like. If you don't have a brew fridge, use Mangrove Jack's New World Strong Ale yeast and try to ferment at 18C. Good luck.

Cheers,

Christina.

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply. Yes I have a brew fridge with one of those stc100 temperature controllers. Thanks very much for posting. I'll give it a crack soon!

Hey Johno' date='

As a Canadian, I am pleased to hear that you like Molson Canadian. Before I started making my own beer I used to drink Molson's Export Ale, which I liked better. Try it if you can get your hands on it.

Molson Canadian is an all malt beer; it doesn't contain any adjuncts like rice, sugar, or maltodextrin, so stay away from Brew Enhancers. For a kit and kilo version stick to a plain kit, such as the OS Lager kit, and add enough malt to get the ABV to 5.0%. In true lager style, there are no dry hops. You can use an older North American hop, like Northern Brewer at 10 minutes, but use a light hand.

1.7kg OS Lager kit

1.5kg light LME

500gm light DME

5gm Northern Brewer X 10 minute boil

23L water

Do you have a brew fridge? The thing about Molson Canadian is that it is a lager. If you have a brew fridge use 34/70 yeast and make a starter, and brew at lager temperatures. You can use Brulosophy's Fast Lager method it you like. If you don't have a brew fridge, use Mangrove Jack's New World Strong Ale yeast and try to ferment at 18C. Good luck.

Cheers,

Christina.[/quote']

Archived