Coopers Community

Fermenting 6 days in

MattC9

G'day,

6 days in fermenting a Coopers Euro Lager have used a lager yeast from the brew shop, yeast was dropped in at 21c airlock was slowly bubbling about 24hrs later, bubbled about every 8 seconds.

Thermostat dropped to about 14-16c for several days and since yesterday would have been below 14c and airlock has not bubbled since yesterday as its pretty cold at the moment in Melb.Did a SG yesterday and was 1020 OG at start was 1040 did another today 1020.

what I am asking should I be worried about this ?? From what I have read a lager should be around 1014 after fermentation then ok to bottle? this has got to be too early to have finished Fermenting...

Thanks [biggrin]

Hi Matt...just bottled a Euro Lager (made to the Green Neck recipe) with a FG of exactly 1014. It went through fermentation at about the same temps as yours, and spent 3 weeks in the tub. According to my records, at day 7 it was 1021 @ 15c with no airlock activity. Two weeks later, it ticked down to 1014 and stayed there for 3 days, so in the bottle it went. From my experience, you shouldn't have much to worry about with this kit unless the temps drop below 10c. Good luck!

Archived