Coopers Community

Hydrometer reading 1016 for three days

Moy71

Hello all. As the title suggests, my readings for the past 3 days have been 1016.

I am brewing 1.7kg Coopers draught, BE1, 300g Golden Syrup (Irish Ale recipe).

Yeast code on satchet: 33409

Can best before date: 14JAN12

Temp of wort before adding yeast: 26c

Original SG: not taken (sorry)

day1 SG: 1050 @ 24c

day3 SG: 1022 @ 24c

day4 SG: 1020 @ 23c

day5 sg: 1018 @ 21c

day6 SG: 1017 @ 20c

day7 SG: 1016 @ 19c

day8 SG: 1016 @ 19c

day9 SG: 1016 @ 19c

As you can see the last 3 days have been on the cool side at 19celsius.

According to the recipe, bottle at 1012 or when readings are same on 2 consecutive days.

Should I wait further? I have no prlblem waiting but I am more worried that 1016 is still too high regardless of consecutive readings of the same level.

Any help much appreciated.

I am almost ashamed to say this, but the smell and taste is WONDERFUL (ever so slight hint of sweetness), so much so that I have had 1 ok maybe 2 glasses a night since day 3.

I believe I am down to 19 litre mark *shame* now

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

I always pour off about 150ml into a glass prior to a hydro check, then drink it,[kissing] then drink the "beer" from the tube once hydro level has been established! As result I am not checking SG's everyday like I was when I first started brewing (or even twice a day really early on[innocent] ) to maintain as much beer in the tub as possible! All of this is done as a direct result of what I have learnt here[love] . I love you guys and girls! Thanks! [pinched] No, not in that way[lol]

LOL Your drinking glasses of uncarbed beer right out of your fermenter!? LOL Ive never heard that one before![lol]

You betcha, and at room temperature at that ! And you want to know the best part? I tasted the development of the beer on a day to day basis.

Archived