Coopers Community

BE1

2 bird brewing

BE1 contains 60% Dextrose and 40% Matodextrin. Expect a recipe; 1.7kg beer kit and 1kg of BE1, made to 23 litres to finish around the 1012 to 1016 mark.

If you allow the brew a few more days in FV, once fermentation appears to have finished, it may drop a couple more points.

As for the brews you have bottled at 1018, there is a risk that they will overcarbonate I hope you bottled into PET - have a look at a bottle after two weeks, chill it and pour it into a glass, to make sure it's not over-gassed. Check one again at 4, 6 and 8 weeks.

PB2 I dumped a canadian blonde at 1020 tried re picthing coopers ale yeast,warming to 25c and stirring frementer no go. I bottled a unreal ale 1kg be1 500g ldm og 1048 fg 1018 into pets looks like 4.5 abv.All my other coopers brews have had fg's around 1010 or 1012 no be1 just dex and ldm[happy] ps loving the home brew the liquor store is missing me[lol]

PB2 the brew that stoped at 1020 had 6 months left on the out date. The second yeast I pichched into the same brew was coopers ale yeast of unknown out date.No big deal I have had 14 coopers brews end up great.[biggrin] Also how much cold can the dry yeast tolerate some beer kits shipped here in winter may be exposed to -40c in shipping[pinched]

Falling short of expected FG is not an issue if using PETs and or kegs - just might need to release the pressure if they become over-gassed.

For future reference, the code on the yeast sachet represents the day it was packaged. 26709 - the 267th day of 2009.

Dry yeast can cope with very cold temps - would need to refer to our "PhD in yeast" man for just how low. [ninja]

PB2 thanks for all the help coopers is a class act.Has coopers imported any commercial beer to canada I want to try a coopers fremented sparkling ale to compare to the kit I like the kit[biggrin]. If no imports slurtis and I may have to make a trip to Aus to taste coopers finest if approved by swmbo.

PB2 thanks for all the help coopers is a class act.Has coopers imported any commercial beer to canada I want to try a coopers fremented sparkling ale to compare to the kit I like the kit[biggrin]. If no imports slurtis and I may have to make a trip to Aus to taste coopers finest if approved by swmbo.

LOL so you decided to post a little instead of just lurking. If I want the sparkling ale I'm going to have to special order it. I really want to try it but the minimum order is 6 cans. I guess if I don't like it much I could sell it off to my friends that are also home brewing, problem is they will likely get to try mine before they buy it from me.

Archived