Coopers Community

Heritage Lager - expected final gravity

RichardH2

I'm currently brewing the Coopers Heritage Lager, made up exactly like the recipe given here on the coopers website

http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/how-to-brew/lager/heritage-lager

I was wondering what the expected final gravity of this brew is?

Mine has been sitting on 1014 for the past 3 days now (its been 2 weeks since I started) - and I know that means that I am supposed to bottle the brew - but it seems a little high compared to my previous brews (both were ales - the coopers kit lager and the Australian Pale Ale).

Its been getting pretty cold here recently and I'm worried that it may have stopped fermenting (still bubbling though). I'm also using glass bottles for the first time and I'm worried about the risk of them exploding if I bottle it before its finished fermenting.

So basically what I'm asking is: is it reasonable to bottle the Heritage Lager (using the coopers liquid malt extract) at final gravity of 1014?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Richard

I reckon I'd be bottling it Richard it is a little high but not overly so. I'm not sure what to expect the Heritage Lager to go down to but my notes tell me that my Heritage stopped at 1014 too when I did it last year.

I bottled in glass and had no bombs or issues.

Cool thanks for the quick reply.

I just read on the recipe that lager yeast 'ferments more thoroughly - Lower FG achieved.' which is making me even more confused.

What did you think of the Heritage Lager? I was hoping it would taste like some Australian Premium lagers (particularly Boags Premium - as that's all my mates favourite beer).

Archived