Coopers Community

How Long To Store In PET Bottles?

captsensible23

Hey guys,

Just got started in brewing a few months back. I've made about 6 batches now. And I've gone all out. I have 3 fermentors and a butt load of bottles.

First question of wich will be many is. How long should I store the beer in the plastic bottles?

The german guy at the brew shop in Campbelltown, Sydney. Says a month max, until it starts loosing its fizz.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

G'day captsensible23 - Welcome to the site,

I think Coopers say they should be right for up to 18 months and I'd strongly agree.

I've had beers in PET bottles for well over a year and they have been perfect with 100% carbonation. Having said that I generally do around 1/2 of each batch in PET and usually drink them first so they are usually only 6-12 months old when I drink them.

I use Coopers Long neck bottles for extra long term storage but strongly recommend PET for regular use. Some people give them a rap and think they are only for beginners but as long as they're poured into a good clean beer glass you won't notice a difference between them and glass (unless you drop them in the floor).

Archived