Coopers Community

Yeast questions

AndrewC5

Thanks BeerLust for your comments.

I will try to follow your advice for the next couple of brews. Surprisingly, the Morgans Draught has improved a bit since being under CO2 for 4 days. Most of the homebrew tang has gone. Still, it's only very ordinary beer. Cheers.

(To all, thanks for you patience..I'll shut up for good about this brew now.)

• 2 weeks later...

G'day to all: At the risk of boring you even more, I am pleased to announce my latest (above-mentioned) brew of TC Aust Bitter and 1.5 kg of (Blackrock) L.M extract, is very drinkable. Kegged after 13 days at about 19C and cooled for only 8 hours (as best as possible in this heatwave) and forced carbonated for 75 second. Very irreverent, I must admit, but "when the cloud of thirst descends...". If it taste's this good now, it's going to be lovely is a fews days. Cheers to all!

Well done Jack

I was feeling pretty flushed at accidentally tapping a keg after 3 weeks. You're right your in for a treat in a few weeks, oops sorry Jack Drinks Beer maybe a few days [lol]

PS How many kegs do you have Jack, tomorrow I am buying another and an extra gas bottle. Then I'll be looking for another two, I am so over bottling.

Thanks for reply Scottie: I've got two 23 litre kegs and I keep a spare 2.6kg CO2 cylinder. (I'd hate to run out of gas in the middle of a session or on a public holiday etc.)

I'd love to get a couple more 23 litre kegs but they're about $170 each. I prefer the short style keg.... maybe later. Cheers!

23+litre+kegs.jpg

Archived