Coopers Community

What are the options and at what stage is beer CARBONATED?

perfection

May i please have some commercial details on this aspect of beer production too?

In the conditioning tanks? in the bottle? in the cans? in the casks? in the kegs?

How come the aeration does not escape when bulk beer is carbonated prior to filteration?

Thanks

May i please have some commercial details on this aspect of beer production too?

In the conditioning tanks? in the bottle? in the cans? in the casks? in the kegs?

How come the aeration does not escape when bulk beer is carbonated prior to filteration?

Thanks

Like most here, I am simply a home brewer, & not a commercial brewer, so this is my very limited understanding of the answer to your question.

I would imagine that some would consider such information commercial in confidence, some would give you a basic overview without much detail.

Most bulk beer, especially "Megaswill" is force carbed with CO2 in the bottle, after filtration.

In the case of live yeast beers, like for example Coopers Original Pale Ale, & Sparkling Ale, the beer is transferred into the bottle with some sugar & live yeast for secondary fermentation to take place inside the bottle, much like is the case with home brewing.

I would assume these brews are not released to wholesalers & retailers until a few weeks later, to ensure secondary fermentation has taken place before they are available for purchase.

I expect in most cases, cans are likely force carbed with C02 as well.

I can't imagine that you could keep the carbonation if you carbed prior to bottling or canning, as it would be like trying to bottle a fart from a metre away from your body, you might get some in the bottle, but most would escape.

It's probably easier to find more accurate info from a basic google search, or a brewing magazine than from a hobby brewers forum.

As for your final question, I guess I've already answered that; there is no risk of escape of aeration, as the filtration process happens prior to carbonation.

You wouldn't filter out sediment, yeast & sugar when using natural carbonation during the filtration process unless you were adding them at bottling time, so again, no likelihood of loss of carbonation.

Archived