Coopers Community

Searching within a topic

Gawntroppo

When you do a search with a specific word or short phrase you get a list of topics that match, it can be a long list.

When you choose one of those topics you find that the topic can have a very large number of replies, sometimes hundreds.

Is there any way to search within that topic to avoid having to read every reply to find the match that you looking for?

Is there any way to search within that topic to avoid having to read every reply to find the match that you looking for?

Not through the forums' date=' but you can cheat a little bit using Google Search.

Say I wanted to find porschemad911's post where he talked about his Raspberry Petite Saison -- if I know the exact phrasing I can use "petite saison" (including quotes) as a keyword, and use the following search phrase to tell Google to only search in the Coopers forum:

[i']site:coopers.com.au "petite saison"[/i]

Google will then give me this:

uRbhV64.png

Once you've clicked on that search result and it has loaded, you can then use CTRL + F to find the same phrase (this time without quotes) and your browser should take you right to the post.

It's a handy little trick to master, too, since you can use it for all sorts of searches on other websites, i.e.:

EF5Ze1Z.png

Hope this helps!

Archived