Coopers Community

Vanilla and Cinnamon Ginger Beer?

ClareB

Hi,

Does anyone know of a recipe for an alcoholic Ginger Beer (made from the coopers kit ginger beer) with stronger flavours of vanilla and cinnamon? I want something a little sweeter but with more of a cinnamon taste than straight ginger for a 21st in a few months. But hopefully not a hugely complicated recipe (I've only done 4 brews before).

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a similar thought once I had done and drank my first kit ginger beer, so I searched the net and came up with this recipe, modified to suit my own taste and ideas..

1x Can of Coopers Ginger Beer

500gm Fresh Ginger

125g Buderim Ginger Marmalade

6x long red chillies

150g Dark Brown Sugar

2x Whole limes, squeezed.

Boil a pot of water and add 1/2 the ginger sliced and the other half of the ginger shreaded. Add the marmalade. Slice up the chillies lenghtways and add to the pot. Boil for 10 minutes. Add the sugar and boil for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, strain and put into fermenter. Add the ginger beer extract, 1kg of Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 and 500gm of raw sugar. Add water to take up to 20Lt and measure OG when cool (I had 1.038). When fermentation finished rack into second fermenter. You can then either bulk prime or bottle (carbonation drops) prime. Then let it sit for a minimum of 6 weeks.

I tasted the brew when I bottled it and it was very nice, can't wait for the 6 weeks to go so ican try it cold and bubbly.[smile]

Cool. I was thinking later that the recipie I posted had neither of the 2 ingredients you asked about!

I will be putting together a wicked Apple, Pear and Vanilla Cider in the next week or so. Have been collecting ingredients and searching for recipie tips.

Good luck with your GB, let us know how it works out.

Cheers,

J.

Haha, I was a little bit confused but luckily my mate was reading over my shoulder and he's keen as to try your recipe. He makes ginger beer too, although he usually has more ginger in the mix than beer [annoyed]. I'd love to know how your cider works out though, sounds pretty darn good.

Archived