Coopers Community

Apple Cider with Pear Schnapps

McFrankel

It has recently come to my attention that not everybody is a fan of the great amber drop that is quaffed in great quantites in in this great southern land and varied in style and colour to suit the months. So I brewed up a cider for my dear lady that goes a little something like this:

Apple Cider Kit

500 grms of lactose

1 kg raw sugar

top to 18 litres

at the end of fermentation I will pour in 50 ml essence of pear schnapps. Will let you know how it goes in the next month... [rightful]

• 1 month later...

Crack one of these open the other night. It has been close to 3 weeks since I bottled and thought I would give it a go. The taste seems to replicate more of the draught cider than a sweet cider. It is still young and I am hoping will get better with age. The good thing is that the dry taste has gone. [cool]

• 3 weeks later...

Have received very positive reviews from this over the Xmas break. I have been rather generous and have passed teh bottles out to work mates, family etc and it seems to pass the test with both women and men. So if you are looking for a drink to add variety to your beer fridge for when people drop by then this may be the go [love]

Archived