Coopers Community

Northern Territory (Darwin) Coopers Drinkers, Brewers.

SteveG10

G'day Steve, not too sure how the cash for cans is making it expensive, they have been doing it in SA for 30 years or so with only good results and at 10cents a bottle it shouldn't break the bank! Anyway, at least you can buy longnecks up there, more than we can here....(because of some other bullshit), so if you get into brewing you will at least have some good bottles to use, there are plenty of good stout recipies on here and I have used a couple myself with good results.

The container deposit scheme has worked well in SA, we get really puzzled about the carry on when other places try and do something similar.

All my empties are donated to a little old lady who cashes them in and uses the proceeds to get her hair permed and blue rinsed... how can that be bad? [biggrin]

...g'day again Steve, I just re read this thread and I don't know how I got stout into the equation, but there are plenty of good beer recipies here anyway, I have made both the pale and sparkling kits with good success by just following the instructions, I prefer real ale and English Bitter personaly, but there is a fair variety of beers that can be made pretty successfully with a little care.

• 1 month later...

Hey mate,

i am in Darwin and i'm kinda new to the home brew thing. Been brewing for almost 6 months now with some good and bad results (mostly good tho)

One thing i have noticed up here is you need a brew fridge with a an adjustable thermostat - as 30+ degree brew temps are not good!

Archived