Coopers Community

beer styles-are they ales or lagers?

algorythmn

Hey there people -first time incoopers club(just joined).....

as a bit of a newbie at all this i am unsure about styles suited to summer brewing

ie.

draught - ale or lager

bitter - "" ""

wheat beer - "" ""

thanks 8)

Algorythmn

Hi Algorythmn welcome to the site!

The style that is easiest to brew in summer is the ales, ales are brewed at a higher temp say 22-18oC will get you a good result, where\x92s lagers should be brewed at 18-10oC.

But having said that these temps really apply to yeast bought from your local home brew shop and you will achieve a good result using the yeast under the Coopers kit can lid at temps ranging from 24-18oC.

So as long as you can keep the temp down (or up!) any style will be the go. It just depends on your taste!

Hope this helps

thanx 4 that man.. i hanker 4 most draught style beers, even more so pilsners, would they b best brewd in summer or winter-ie ale/lager???? i'm

fairlysure the pilsner/lager style is a lower temp thing(correct me if i'm wrong) (Amatuer remember) Done some coopers pale ale tho, almost,(maybye) better than tha reaL 1..... AS an amatuer i've done about 10 brews since xmas, none infected, thank god. I use a 2 Fowlers Vacola's & an auto-clave to sterilise the stubbies (110Degrees-190 C) which my mates empty 4 me... Works freaken good-no infecteds yet &i'm up 2 about 10 batches since xmas. workin hard 2 reduce em tho......

Got 2 coopers f'menters on tha go right now.......

good shyte!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Archived