Coopers Community

Extract Percentages

rollins215

I started brewing in January when my wife bought me a DIY kit for my birthday and have absolutely loved it! Recently I started using an application called "BeerAlchemy" to track my batches, inventory, recipes, etc. which is fantastic. I'm now using Coopers liquid extracts and cans as a basis for my brews and adding steeped grains, hops, etc. to them as well and BeerAlchemy is great to see how the additions will affect things.

The application also lets you add ingredients that it doesn't know about and I have added the Coopers kits and liquid extracts to them. When you add a fermentable like that, though, you can enter the Extract Percentage of the ingredient. I was wondering if anyone knew what values to use there for the various Coopers product or at least a number that can work for the majority of them? It seems a good number of the pre-installed liquid extracts have a value around 80% so I've been using that number for my Cooopers based extracts. But I'm an engineer by trade and so a stickler for data and would love to know the exact numbers I should be using if possible. =)

BTW, I just started my 4th batch. I'm trying to end up with something similar to Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat...not my favorite beer, but it is the favorite of a friend of mine that is getting married this Friday and wanted to honor her with her own beer this summer. =)

Recently I started using an application called "BeerAlchemy" to track my batches, inventory, recipes, etc. which is fantastic.

Will work for Mac only. 6.9 MB / Mac OS X 10.4 or later

Archived